Don't just pick a place. Pick a future.
Study in Sweden.
Today’s ideas shape tomorrow’s world. Sweden has always been fertile ground for innovations in technology, business and social trends – from the pacemaker to the computer mouse, from IKEA to Skype. In our increasingly competitive world, Sweden continues to top world rankings for innovation.
- When you study in Sweden, you’re encouraged to think independently, creatively and critically.
- Sweden has academic excellence and despite its relatively small population, it’s home to some of the world’s best universities.
- Sustainability is front and centre. If you’re concerned with sustainable development for a greener future, you’ll find many kindred spirits here in Sweden.
- Experience equality and embrace diversity. Sweden is usually referred to as the most equal country in the world.
- Sweden is ranked as the second best country in the world when it comes to providing higher education*.
Welcome to the future. Welcome to Sweden.
*According to the U21 ranking 2014
Sweden leading the world in innovation
Sweden has a unique culture of innovation that has generated a number of life-revolutionizing inventions and systems. The pacemaker, the 3-point seatbelt, bluetooth, Skype and dynamites are just a few significant Swedish innovations that have made a difference.
Sweden and its companies, organisations and institutions continue to invest greatly in enhancing the potential for new innovations in order to stay at the forefront when it comes to both technology and an innovative mindset. This makes Sweden an ideal place to develop your skills within innovation, science and technology.
Sweden - short facts
Swedish (English spoken by most people)
Swedish krona (SEK)
174,000 sq mi (450,000 sq km)