FAQ & Contacts
Here you will find answers to your frequently asked questions about the competition.
How do I enter the competition?
Sign up for the competition by entering your name and email.
Take the challenge:
- Multiple-choice questions
- Case Question
- Personal Motivation
- Share your competition on Facebook
Complete the competition by the November 12, 2014 deadline.
The finalists will be officially presented on the competition website on November 18, 2014.
Apply for the Master’s Programme in Water Resources Engineering at Lund University in Sweden.
Top three finalists of the competition will be contacted by December 19, 2014.
Winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes will be invited to the prize ceremony held in Jakarta in January 2015.
I did not receive a confirmation email after signing up for the competition. What should I do?
If you did not receive a confirmation email within 5-10 minutes, try checking your spam box. Otherwise, please report the problem.
What if my school/university name is not listed?
If the name of your university is not listed, please contact us.
When is the deadline?
November 12, 2014.
Who is eligible to compete?
Please check ‘Rules and Eligibility’ to see if you are eligible for the competition.
I am having difficulty loading the page. I think it may be a browser issue. What are the recommended browsers to enter
The latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari, or Internet Explorer 10.
What happens if I don’t adhere to all the rules?
Student Competitions reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not follow the rules stated. Read more under ‘Rules’.
How will my social recommendations affect my result in the competition?
The number of votes is not the main assessment criteria in the competition, but it is an important factor that the jury will take into account in the judging process. Hence, collecting recommendations can be a means of direct qualification to the final round.
What can I win?
Top three finalists
- Internship with Mercy Corps Indonesia documenting the IKEA Blue Bag Project during your studies.
- Invitation to the prize ceremony in Jakarta, travel and accommodation expenses covered.
- Full tuition fee waiver for the two-year Master’s Programme in Water Resource Engineering at Lund University in Sweden.
- Return flights to Sweden and living allowance for two years.
- Opportunity to work on your Master’s thesis with Mercy Corps Indonesia.
- University Admissions application fee waiver.
The prize package is worth approximately 48,000 EURO.
Second and third prize
- 25% tuition fee waiver for the two-year Master’s Programme in Water Resource Engineering at Lund University in Sweden.
- Recommendation letter from Lund University if applying for one of these scholarships (scholarship covers both tuition fee).
- University Admissions application fee waiver.
How will submissions be screened?
A panel of judges from Sqore, Lund University, IKEA Indonesia and Mercy Corps Indonesia will evaluate applications and determine the winners.
First Screening Round
- Applicants who do not meet the formal programme requirements are not eligible to win. Applicants who do not live/study in Indonesia or non Indonesian citizen/permanent resident living/studying abroad are not eligible to win.
- Participants who do not meet the English language requirements are not eligible to win. Read more about the English language requirements under Eligibility.
- All participants will be judged based on their educational background, competition results and motivational statement.
- The 20 highest performing participants in the competition will be identified and selected as finalists. The finalists will be officially presented on the competition website on November 14, 2014.
Second Screening Round
- The top 20 candidates will then be ranked based on their score on the multiple choice questions. The cases and personal motivations of the finalists will then be reviewed (see ‘Judging criteria’ below).
- All finalists must formally apply to the Master's Programme in Water Resources Engineering in order to be eligible to win (see how to in the ‘Checklist - Study in Sweden’ below). Deadline November 30, 2014.
- The top candidates might be invited to Skype interviews with Lund University.
- The final screening round will determine the top three finalists of the competition.
- The top three finalists will be officially presented on the competition website on December 19, 2014.
- All three finalists will be invited to the prize ceremony held in Jakarta in January 2015. Domestic travel and accommodation will be paid by IKEA Indonesia. The first, second and third prize winners will be announced and awarded during the ceremony.
How will the entries be judged?
The judging criteria will be based on:
- The case question and motivational statement will be judged based on creativity, originality, consideration for environmental and local perspectives.
- Social recommendations on Facebook can affect the result in the competition. The number of recommendations is not a main assessment criteria in the competition, but it can play a factor during the judging process. Hence, collecting recommendations can be a means of advancing your application in the final rounds
- The competition organizers reserve the right to choose the winners at their sole discretion. Although not anticipated, competition rules and prizes may be changed or altered at any time.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into by the judges in relation to that decision. See more under - ‘Screening process & Judging criteria’.
Why will the system not let me finalize my submission?
In case of a technical error, please report the problem.
Will I receive a certificate of achievement for my participation?
Yes, all participants who complete the challenge will receive a digital certificate sent to his/her email upon finalizing the competition.
Can I enter the competition as part of a team?
No. We only accept entries from individuals, as the scholarships/prizes are awarded on an individual basis.
If you have any questions regarding the competition process or the competition platform, please contact us.
Sqore & Student Competitions
Studentcompetitions.com is the world's largest community of talented students and young professionals passionate about competing and connecting with global opportunities. Studentcompetitions.com is powered by Sqore.com, the market leader for organising online competitions.
Sqore helps to verify and certify your skills, so that you can use them to connect with global and local opportunities.
Competitions are about a lot more than great prizes and having fun. They allow participants to learn, show their certified skills, compare their results and share their talents with employers.
How passionate Sqore is about competing: